Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Grant Writing & Winning

Now that I am writing grants eight hours a day for five days a week, my freelance writing time has dropped, as I do not wish to spend every waking hour in front of a computer.  I have not abandoned it completely, though, as I love extra spending money and new shoes.

I have written three winning grants since starting this job in July, with many more sitting on board and foundation's tables as I type.

Three won:

BBVA Compass: $10,000
3M: $8,000
City of Austin: $32,000


Amazon has a first novel competition I'd like to enter.  Now if I can only juggle grant writing, freelance writing, and writing for fun.  Guess which one of these I typically abandon once I start to reach my brain's quota of screen time?  I need to prioritize myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment